

For the past few months, I had noticed that Sydney's eye would kind of wander like a lazy eye. So I brought it up to her doctor at her Kindergarten physical and he gave me a referal to see an eye doctor. So I decided to take her to the specialist thinking it would be no big deal and to my surprise she needed glasses. She has a condition called "accommodative esotropia" where the eyes turn in completely or partially because of the patient making an effort to focus on a given object.
She needs to wear her new glasses for a few months and then we go back to see if the glasses are working. In some cases surgery is required to fix the crossing.
She is quite happy with her new glasses. I just hope she takes good care of them and that I am not constantly buying a new pair:)

1 comment:
poor girl that she was working so hard to see! But she sure looks SUPER cute in her new glasses! They make her look soo grown up!
Post a Comment